Sometimes in humor, there is truth. With #ObsoleteJobSkills trending on Twitter, we thought a few of these gems may be striking a bit too close to home for older workers. See if you agree: (And for anyone looking for serious tips about things to drop from their resumes, start with this list.)
1. Working the fax machine.
2. Repairing a telephone — and traveling to someone’s home to do it.
3. Managing a Blockbuster store.
4. Yes, rewinding was once a job skill.
5. Reading an analogue clock.
6. Manufacturing a road atlas. Hello GPS and MapQuest?
7. Operating an office switchboard.
8. Knowing grammar — at any job.
9. Using software that nobody uses anymore.
10. Typing fast vs texting fast.
source: huffingtonpost.com by Ann Brenoff